Tuesday 27 June 2017

Guess the next project

Here are a few photos of the start of my next project. Any guesses what it might be?




The terrain is made from blue dense polystyrene foam, mounted on 2mm MDF and the removable resin statue (from Copplestone Castings) is approximately 4.5cm tall. The statue is clearly of some kind of Lovecraftian Elder God.

The stone alignments are also made from blue foam. I cut into the foam to get the effect of stratified layers and cave entrances and also cut out the rough steps up to the main plateau. This was given a sparse layer of fine railway ballast and spray-painted in varying shades. The grey spray actually began to eat into the foam, but the effect of this looked pretty good, creating a weathered and aged effect. I then painted everything with washes of Vallejo acrylics, drybrushing to bring up the details and then flocked the rocky outcrop in a number of places.

I think that this looks pretty cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carole.....looks nice😎.

    I had problems spraying directly onto the foam core stuff, but like you the effect was acceptable. The next time I did it, I gave it a pre wash of diluted PGA glue before spraying, allowing it to dry for at least a day.

    ReplyDelete